Tuesday, October 5, 2010

SAFETY IN NUMBERS

As Christians we feel most comfortable when we gather together for a service. From the moment we enter there's a feeling of being safe among people of like mind. We are all here for prayer, praise and to worship our Lord. We identify ourselves with Him. We are here to listen to His Word, to be strengthened and uplifted. We are here to fellowship with one another. So what happens when the service is over and we go our separate ways?  For some, that's the extent of their christian experience. Leaving the sanctuary, their Christian identity is hidden away until the next time they meet for worship.  
So...where does that leave you and me. I started this blog to answer that question for myself, and anyone else that is looking to move forward in their Christian experience. Do I openly share my faith with others during the week? Am I open to opportunities that present themselves?That Christian unity that I'm speaking of, does it get left behind at the church door, or do we go forward, draped in God's armor and ready to stand openly for Jesus Christ? 

3 comments:

  1. Hi Louis - you started with Psalm 90:1-2 - can you spin out for us why you chose those verses?

    ReplyDelete
  2. God's creation, as we know it, was for the purpose of fellowship (I John 1:7). He created a world that was suitable and good for mankind for the sole purpose that He might have someone to share with. Our sole purpose on earth is to glorify Him (Psalm 86:12) and to have fellowship with Him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A good verse. "I will thank you, O Lord my God
    with all my heart and I will glorify your name for ever". You might enjoy reading some of my translations. Psalm 90 is matched with Psalm 91 as an answer to Moses' prayer.

    ReplyDelete